Grounding with Dialog
This is a wiki for grounding with dialog.
CMU Grounding Reading Group
Our objectives are to read a couple papers on or a book chapter a week, and to generally follow a chronological path along the literature. We'll meet weekly, Fridays from 2:30-3:30 in Wean 3123a. For announcements, subscribe to the mailing list.
- Anderson, J.R. (1983), "A spreading activation theory of memory", Journal of Verbal Learning and Verbal Behavior 22: 261-295, DOI:10.1016/S0022-5371(83)90201-3
- Clark, H. H. & S. A. Brennan (1991), "Grounding in Communication", Perspectives on socially shared cognition, APA Books
- Clark, H. H. (1996), Using Language, Cambridge Univ. Press.
- Harnad, Stevan (1990), "The Symbol Grounding Problem", Physica D 42: 335-346
- Harnad, Stevan (2003), "Symbol-Grounding Problem", Encyclopedia of Cognitive Science, MacMillan, Nature Publishing Group
- Healey, Patrick; Matthew Purver & James King et al. (2003), "Experimenting with Clarification in Dialogue", Proceedings of the 25th Annual Meeting of the Cognitive Science Society
- Pickering, Martin & Simon Garrod (2004), "Toward a mechanistic psychology of dialogue", Behavioral and Brain Sciences 27
- Potter, M.C. & L. Lombardi (1990), "Regeneration in the short-term recall of sentences", Journal of Memory and Language 29: 633-54
- Purver, Matthew (2006), "CLARIE: Handling Clarification Requests in a Dialogue System", Research on Language and Computation 4(2-3): 259-288
- Rogers, T.T. & James McClelland (2004), Semantic Cognition: A Parallel Distributed Processing Approach, MIT Press
- Roy, Deb (2000), "Grounded Speech Communication", Proceedings of the International Conference on Spoken Language Processing
- Steels, Luc (2001), "Language games for autonomous robots", IEEE Intelligent systems: 16-22
- Steels, Luc (2003), "Evolving Grounded Communication for Robots", Trends in Cognitive Sciences 7(7): 308-312, DOI:10.1016/S1364-6613(03)00129-3
- Taddeo, Mariarosaria & L. Floridi (2005), "Solving the Symbol Grounding Problem: a Critical Review of Fifteen Years of Research", Journal of Experimental and Theoretical Artificial Intelligence 17.4: 419-445
- Thompson, Cynthia & R. Mooney (2003), "Acquiring Word-Meaning Mappings for Natural Language Interfaces", Journal of Artificial Intelligence Research 18: 1-44
- Wilkes-Gibbs, D. & H. H. Clark (1992), "Coordinating beliefs in conversation", Perspectives on socially shared cognition 31: 183-194
- Xu, F. & J.B. Tenenbaum (in press), "Word Learning as Bayesian Inference", Psychological Review